Green Capital Small Grants
Please be aware that the Round 2 Small Grants are now online: www.tinyurl.com/l6tswuk
The deadline for applications is 27 February 2015.
This grants fund has been established by the Bristol 2015 Company in order to support activity during Bristol Green Capital year. Grants of up to £10,000 will be awarded to projects that empower Bristol’s citizens to live sustainably.
The board has agreed that this round will be focused on the Bristol 2015 outcomes that have received the least amount of funding across the neighbourhood, small and strategic grants. Eligible projects will be:
1. Projects that help residents reduce food waste in the home
2. Projects that promote use of solar energy
3. Projects that reduce wasted food
4. Projects that increase the use of public transport
5. Projects that help reduce litter in public places
There is a total of £75,000 available for this round. So, although applications for up to £10,000 will still be accepted, the panel will be keen to receive applications at lower amounts up to £5000.00
BCR Green Capital 2015 Grants
Grant applications are invited from organisations in the Bishopston, Cotham and Redland wards.
Purpose of the grants
Bristol has been awarded the title of European Green Capital for 2015. The Bristol 2015 Neighbourhood Partnerships (Green Capital Projects) Fund has been created to help every neighbourhood take part in creating a happier, healthier, greener city. Our Neighbourhood Partnership will be awarding grants, initially to a total of £10,000, to projects that can take place during 2015 and that:
- have a lasting impact on our community, and
- can show longer-term sustainability (i.e. don’t require further grants)
The key themes of the Bristol 2015 year are energy, resources, transport, nature and food, though related topics may be considered.
Closing date for BCR Green Capital 2015 Grant applications: Thursday 13th November 2014
Find out more
To find out more about the grants, come along to one of our Neighbourhood Forums:
- Bishopston Forum: 11 September 2014 at 7pm, Ashley Down School, Downend Road
- Cotham forum: 18 September 2014 at 7 pm, St Peter and St Paul School, Aberdeen Road
- Redland Forum: 23 September 2014 at 7pm, Redland Green Bowling Club
We will also be holding a Workshop in early October:
- Green Capital 2015 Grant Workshop: 8 October 2014, 7.30pm – 9.30pm
Redland Park URC Meeting Rooms, Redland Park (just off Whiteladies Road)
This will be an opportunity for potential grant applicants to share and gather support for their ideas and to get help with the application process. Come along with your ideas for projects, even if you don’t yet have a sponsoring group, or join in with others to help make the best ideas happen.
All applicants must complete one of the following application forms:
- BCRNP Bristol 2015 Fund Application (Word) – for completion on a computer
- BCRNP Bristol 2015 Fund Application (PDF) – for printing and completion by hand
Please read the following guidance notes to help completion of the application:
If you need help or have a query, please contact the Neighbourhood Partnership Team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 0117 903 6415.