BCR NP Priorities 2016/17
The NP Priorities describe the areas in which the NP aims to invest either directly, such as through its working groups, or indirectly, such as giving grants to community groups.
The NP will in all of its work challenge barriers to participation and engagement in all aspects of community and social life, due to age, health, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, loneliness, social isolation or caring responsibilities.
- Parks and Green Spaces: Promoting areas that are: safe, maintained, enjoyable by all, and bio diverse
- Street Scene: Tackling anti-social behaviour, including littering, graffiti, fly-posting and fly-tipping; Encouraging best practice in waste management, including domestic and trade bins
- Replenishing street trees in existing locations and adding new ones
- Travel: Working towards safe and pleasant journeys along roads and through public spaces; Reducing road congestion through sustainable travel (walking, cycling, buses, trains)
- Getting people involved in the decisions which affect their community
- The NP wants to be open to all, transparent and responsive
- Community: Supporting development of publicly accessible community facilities; Promoting neighbourliness within and between communities
- Quality of Life: Promoting leisure activities and/or support services for people of all ages; Supporting activities which promote healthy lifestyles; Supporting local creative and arts projects which are likely to appeal to a wide section of the community; Encouraging lifelong access to learning
- Security: Increasing awareness of domestic and sexual violence and discrimination; Assisting neighbourhood police, including reporting anti-social behaviour
- Enterprise and Initiative: Maintaining the diversity of our retail high streets; Promoting community/school-based food-growing projects; Encouraging the growth of sustainable local non-profitmaking organisations
As agreed at the BCR NP Meeting on 20th June 2016.
Neighbourhood Partnership Priorities and Plan (printable pdf)