Bishopston, Cotham and Redland
The Neighbourhood Partnership (NP) is for everyone who lives, studies or works in our area. We aim to involve everyone in improving the way our neighbourhood works and in helping to shape the provision of services from Bristol City Council, and partner agencies such as the police.
Bristol City is divided into 14 NP areas. The BCR NP area covers the 3 electoral wards of:
- Bishopston and Ashley Down
which include parts of the areas we know as St. Andrew’s, Horfield and Kingsdown.
What We Do
Some of the decisions about council services that were previously taken by the full council have been devolved to the NP. The members of the NP include all the ward councillors, representatives of local community groups, local advocates for specific issues and local residents.
Decisions are made at quarterly NP Meetings, which are open to the public. We hold quarterly Neighbourhood Forums, at which anyone can bring their problems and ideas for discussion, and we engage with the community through visits to schools and community groups.
Find Out More
- Our Priorities – the topics on which we aim to make a difference
- Our Plan – more detail on what we are planning to do
- Our Members – who is a member of our NP
- Our Constitution – describes in more detail how BCR NP runs its affairs
- Our Working Groups
- Neighbourhood Toolkit and Charter – sets out what Bristol City Council undertakes to do to maintain the city, the role of NPs, and the framework within which NPs operate
- Neighbourhood Policing – provides links to our partners on the local police force
- Neighbourhood Partnership statistical profile