Avon and Somerset Constabulary is offering a new and exciting opportunity for the public to learn about what the police do and see first-hand the day-to-day working of the local police force.
The Citizens’ Academy will provide a selected group of people an insight into policing in Avon and Somerset.
Citizens’ Academy will run for ten weeks and take place every Tuesday from 18.30 to approximately 20.30. The 10 week programme will offer a selected group of people an exceptional insight into policing in Avon and Somerset – from understanding different police roles such as forensic investigation, the use of firearms and Internet safety – to getting a glimpse into the challenges we face from different crimes, including domestic abuse and hate crime. Participants who complete the programme will ‘graduate’ from the Citizens’ Academy with a ceremony.
News from across the areas
- BCR Public Forum – 19 July 2017
- Steering Group plans new Community Partnership
- Neighbourhood Partnership holds final meeting
- Transitioning to a Community Partnership
- Bishopston Walking Maps
- Avon and Somerset police workshop
- Public Forum 25th April – a future Community Partnership
- What Happens After Neighbourhood Partnerships?
We’re on Twitter